Monday 18 August 2008

DMC - It's a Wrap!

Hehehe! Still continuing the Christmas theme with the challenges! There is something I really like about this Pink Petticoat backing paper - not something I would normally use for Christmas, but as soon as I saw it I knew exactly what I was going to do with it!


The challenge for this weeks Daring Cardmakers is:


It’s a Wrap
No, not the kind stuffed with Chicken & Cesar Salad or the woolly kind you put around your shoulders to keep you warm, mind you, the way our summer is going I think we could all do with one of those!I would like you to give your card a coat made of acetate, vellum or anything for that matter.As long as it ‘wraps’ around the outside of your card, anything goes!


The paper is the black collection from Pink Petticoat - Doodle-icious Christmas Rainbow Collection, printed at the default setting. I've lightly inked the edges of the card with silver stamping ink and the ribbon I bought a while ago from Clark Craft supplies - its actually sheer black organza with little sparkly bits (the photo doesn't really show it!) And the fairy lights have been cut from my Quickutz die using metallic card, glued to the fine wire and then sparkling gems added as it seemed a bit flat.



Surprisingly quick to make!

  • Backing paper: Black collection from Pink Petticoat Doodle-icious Christmas Rainbow Collection
  • Ribbon: From Clark Craft Supplies
  • Die Cutters: Quickutz fairy lights with added gems

7 comments:

  1. I love the fairy lights!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that is so cool! Love the fairy lights :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that is so cool! Love the fairy lights :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colourful wrap of fairy light really do add the finishing touch to your card.
    Thanks for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just soooo pretty and a great idea for THAT time of the year.... (I'm not talking about it yet though!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool fairy lights great card
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful - I used this paper for a lot of my Christmas cards last year and love how you have made the fairy lights
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!