Friday 16 January 2009

Funky Daze Gift Box - It's Not A Card!

Sometimes when I see a challenge I know exactly what I'm going to make, right down to the smallest detail. And then sometimes I've not got a clue and it takes me a few days of thinking to work it all out. This was the former - I knew straight away!

For the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, it was to:

Make anything but A CARD!

So I made a gift bag! It was based upon this tutorial! I printed the card on both sides so the inside of the box is interesting too! Also, the flowers have been cut from double sided printed card - all from Funky Daze from Funky Hand.


I've used some wavy scissors (well, the scissors are not wavy, they just cut a wavy line!) to shape the top and used my eyelet setter to make the holes for the ribbon.

I've inked the edges of the flowers with either blue ink (tiny freebie ink pad) or Chestnut Whispers, pinched the petals together, glued the centres and then added tiny centres also cut from the same backing paper. I told you that you'd see more of the Cuttlebug flowers!
I'm sending this gift bag to Anice as she is on telly on 27 January with a live premier of Funky Daze (further details in my sidebar) so if its shown you can say you saw it here first!
  • Backing paper: Funky Daze from Funky Hand
  • Template: Mine - tutorial here
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Flowers

7 comments:

  1. Yummy box and I am very jealous of your new flower dies, I havae one but I am in need of a bigger collection :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous bag - love the flowers

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed the challenge, thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous gift bag Ruth and love those flower dies
    Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its gorgeous, even before you get to the present inside. Any one would be happy to receive this. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!