Sunday 15 February 2009

A Bit Of Stitching On A Card

Now for this weeks Dottie Challenge, set by Adele:


I want to see stitches on your work, either hand sewn or machine- the choice is yours
I've bought the new download from Dotties World this week to treat myself (well, why not?!) The collection is called 'Holly and Madison' and its a corker! Not only do you get the images for you to colour, but they all come pre coloured too! But for my downloads first outing, I have done my own colouring so I could use these papers.

Now, I've always wanted to do a bit of stitching on a card but don't quite trust myself on my ancient Singer not to get my fingers in the way (I'm a pro when it comes to fabric but don't think that paper and card would be as easy!) so I got out a darning needle and some old I think embroidery thread (its on a wooden bobbin and is a 'Bright eye' brand - if that's any use!) and away I went!

I was careful not to do too much plus the needle made larger holes than I was expecting, but I think I got the balance right. But the best bit is, I think the centre of the flower (flowers from Jozza by the way - ta!) which was part of my button swop and the colours are just perfect (thanks Jacqui!)



I've coloured the image with watercolour pencils and added a little red glitter glue on the hair bobbles, belt and flowers.


The backing papers are again part of the Mily Designs download that I don't know where it came from and I just love the colours together. All corners have been rounded and edges inked in blue.
So - go and have a look at the new downloads and at the examples on the blog as you won't be disappointed! And hope you can join in the challenge this week!
  • Backing papers: Mily Designs
  • Image: Holly and Madison download from Charmed Cards and Crafts, coloured with watercolour pencils
  • Flowers: From Jozza
  • Heart stitched linen button: From Jacqui

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love the blue,the card is soo fresh and airy! welldone!
    Nicola.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love your card. It's so colourful and pretty. The stitching looks fab, I love the way you've accented the corners. You've inspired me to try some stitching soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card hun, love the funky papers :o)

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree these colours are gorgeous. Love this card Tip Top!
    Juliet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruth,
    I love the image, it makes a refreshing change to see something different, and the papers are perfect for it!
    Well done on the stitching too :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those papers are gorgeous aren't they!! I love how you've coloured the image, it matches the background perfectly. You're right about the button, it looks like it was made especially for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful- the colours are gorgeous and the stitching gives it such a wonderful little extra.

    Thank you!

    love Dingle.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!