Wednesday 11 February 2009

It's A Pink Elephant (Challenge)!

This is a brand new Challenge site called The Pink Elephant! So how could I resist with a title like that (and Funky Hand DT mate Carol is also on the Pink Elephant DT!)

Their first challenge is a colour challenge:

Pink, Black and White

I raided my left-over box to see what I could find - so the papers are the unknown download (Mily Designs) which I have cleverly (ha!) managed to piece together to fit the card blank and then by a stroke of genius, have added ribbon but just the one sided bow as I again cut the ribbon too short.... Doh!



The image is from Anice and our recent Funky Hand DT image swop and is a Hero Arts stamp which I have picked out some of the features using a glitter gel pen. Not that you can see the glitter, but there is a tiny bit on it. Somewhere. Everything has been inked and rounded and the brads are from my stash.

I wanted to keep the card simple and I really do quite like it!

  • Backing paper: Mily Designs (but don't know where I downloaded it from!)
  • Image: From Anice - Hero Arts
  • Ribbon and Brads: My stash

11 comments:

  1. I love it hun, very funky :o)

    lotsalove

    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always doing that with my ribbon! LOL! I think it's beautiful anyhow & you'd scaracely notice. I SO love this card! You did a beautiful job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Ruth, hope you are having a good week! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that one sided bow - that has to be classed as one of those happy accidents. Your card is really effective - thank you for sharing it with us at the Pink Elephant Challenge. Hope you'll join us again next week.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!!! I like the look of the one sided bow. I may have to try that the next time I cut my ribbon too short. Thanks for entering our 1st challenge at TPE. Hope to see you back again next week!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome and Unique...I LOVE it!!

    Thanks so much for playing along at TPE!!

    LORi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for helping to make our 1st challenge at TPE a great success!!

    Hugs
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card Ruth, love the ribbon
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabby card Ruth...love the papers and I can't believe the Ribbon Queen cut her ribbon too short...but hey it looks great
    Hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Handbag!! Fab job Ruth...thank you for playing with our first challenge, your support is appreciated...thanks for the toot as well :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!