Thursday 26 February 2009

Slurrruuup!! Guess What I Have?!

OMG! Could it be that I am now the very proud owner of some BASIC GREY papers?! And yes, it had to be in capitals!! How I have managed to resist all this time is beyond me, but I think it was Jozza's offer to let me have some of her papers in a stash swop that finally did it for me. And I know what you are thinking - I did not have to plead with her, she freely gave them to me! How very fab is that?!

Anyway, so, I had a little look on the Basic Grey Challenge blog to see if I could have a go. I could, and I have!

This week, the challenge is:

.... a colour combo, we would like you to pick one of the following colour combos for your creations (Skin and white card colours are allowed too),
Pink and Green
Pink and Brown
Blue and Brown

I went for Pink and Brown. The papers are 6 x 6 Sultry which I have trimmed ever so little off the sides (how can I waste such lush papers?!) and if you look closely, I have reused them under the ribbon flower. However, I forgot to ink them so they are not that easy to see. Edges of the cardstock and backing paper have been inked in bright pink and then Chestnut Whispers.


The flower is made from scraps of chocolate satin ribbon and the centre is another of the buttons I bought from Helen recently. And that's it! Very simple.
I am actually quite mad as I've brought the bunch of papers to work with me every day and sat and looked at them from time to time. Well, its better than picking my nose or trumping....
  • Backing papers: Basic Grey - Sultry 6 x 6 (very generously donated by Jozza)
  • Ribbon: From my stash (Ribbon Oasis)
  • Button: From Helen

Big thanks to Jozza'll-Fix-It for the opportunity!

8 comments:

  1. Hellooo, I'm really pleased that you like the mug swap goodies - i had so much fun picking them all out!

    I will definatley hold you to that brew!

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is delicious...love the ribbon flower
    Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love pink and brown and the button looks great! hope you are having a fun week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the papers and that great big flower. Fabby. Good ol' Joz!
    hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ruth, now you will be hooked!! just like me :)
    Lovely card, shows off the beauty of the paper..........taking them to work with you?...now even i don't do that!!!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how you could have resisted this is one of my fave's and loving your elegant bow, Fantastic choice of paper and great layout too!!! Thanks for joining us this week, HuGs Kim :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love your ribbon flower!

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card - so elegant and I love your choice of papers and that stunning ribbon flower.
    Thanks for joining in at BG.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!