Thursday 14 May 2009

Christmas Cards All Year Round - May Challenge

Yep, its the dreaded C word in May!! But it really is quite nice to make Christmas cards all year 'round! The Challenge this month is to:

Use Flowers on Your Christmas Cards

And here are my 5. Very much influenced and inspired by the design team creations so thank you ladies!

You'll have to excuse the dodgy photos - I have had a very hectic week (hence lack of posts) with a lot of meetings and travelling and have been shattered, so I've not managed any challenges so far this week, although there is still tonight and tomorrow night to make amends! We, as a family, go on holiday on Saturday for a week, so in between trying to write a diary for a giraffe called Buttons, (that's another story!) work full time, get everything washed and packed and try and do some challenges, something has to give, and I'm afraid it is the challenges.


Anyway, all the papers used are from the Dovecraft Ho Ho Ho collection (8 x 8 papers) and the brads are from the same collection. The flowers are generally from the lot Jozza gave me a while ago (not got many left now!) plus I've enhanced them with either folded red raffia, cut red raffia or white gift ribbon. Card candy from Craftwork cards and the sentiment is a Studio G acrylic stamp which I have coloured in with a black pen.


  • Backing papers : Dovecraft Ho Ho Ho 8 x 8 collection
  • Brads: Dovecraft Ho Ho Ho collection
  • Flowers: Mostly from Jozza
  • Enhanced bits around the flowers: From my stash
  • Sentiment: Acrylic Studio G stamp
  • Card Candy: Craftwork Cards

6 comments:

  1. christmascards in a different way... I LOVE it!!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cards,
    Adore the blue one,
    Have a super holiday,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these - I was seriously considering making some Christmas cards the other day but I stopped myself in time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab Ruth. Glad to see the flowers are still going strong. I is your flower pimp lady! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You did a fantastic job on this challenge! I love the raffia and how you've used it. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR and be sure to come back for the June challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful cards!!! Thanks so much for participating!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!