Tuesday 21 July 2009

Christmas Cards All Year Around - July Challenge

With the weather being decidedly wintry (again) I decided to have a bash at the Christmas Cards All Year Around Challenge. This month it is a colour challenge:

Red, White and Blue only

I found some blue card blanks which I cut down to be squares. The red slightly embossed and mottled card is from my stash and I've used a Martha Stewart punch on the bottom. I've doodled around the edges of the card with a fine black pen. The blue grosgrain ribbon has been threaded through the top of the red card by holes that I made with a ribbon punch. The actually slots were not quite wide enough so I double punched the holes and the ribbon fitted perfectly! I then threaded some white thin ribbon through, on which the snowflake hangs.

The snowflake is a Sizzix die and I've used white funky foam. The brads are from the Dovecraft Ho Ho Ho collection and I've been wanting to use them since I bought them (2 years ago!)



The sentiment has been stamped in black ink and is a Studio G acrylic bargain stamp. 5 really easy and simple cards to make, once I'd decided what I was doing!
  • Red card: From my stash
  • Ribbon: From my stash
  • Punch: Martha Stewart
  • Die: Sizzix snowflake
  • Brads: Dovecraft Ho Ho Ho collection

6 comments:

  1. Fab cards Ruth, you do 'multiples' so well!! I dislike making the same card twice...not sure why. Good luck for the prize!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, babes! :o)

    I got my first award today since I started blogging again, and I am choosing you to pass it on to. (See my blog.) You don't have to do anything with it if you don't want to.. I just wanted you to know I appreciate you and your lovely blog. *Mwaaah!*

    Hugs,
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply stunning Ruth....simple but oh so elegant..love the blue and red combo...Hugs Kath xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, love them! Hugs,moni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards!! I love the snowflake die cut with the beautiful brads!! Thanks for playing with us at CCAYR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cards! Thanks for participating!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!