Monday 1 March 2010

Get Funky Challenge 7 - Girls, Girls, Girls!

It's the first of the month so it's challenge 7 on Get Funky! The lovely Dolly has set the challenge this month and it is:

Girls, Girls, Girls!

I've used Dreams Come True to make my creation - all the papers you see plus the outers of the 'spools' are from the Award Winning collection. One of my cousins will be 30 at the end of March so I've made her this as a card and cake (calorie free!) combo. So Claire, if you are reading this - STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! Or at least look surprised when I give it to you!!

This really was easy to make - the outer parts of the spools I've double sided printed onto some lovely thick linen card and used a compass to make the circle 2cm in diameter larger than the spool. The spools have been covered with 160gsm card which has been printed onto so it bends easy enough!

This is the back view of the tower:

All the ribbons are from my stash and I've made the hat pins myself from beads in my stash.


I've tried to make a slightly different bow or finish to each layer. Good job it didn't go to 6 layers as I was running out of ideas!

The very top of the tower has thin double sided strips of card that have been wound around a pen whilst the glue between the layers was still wet so it retains the curl.


The very centre is one of the circular flowers from the bottom layer.


To enter the Get Funky Challenge and be in with a chance of winning a £20 gift voucher to spend on Funky Hand products, you have to use at least one item from Funky Hand and to link your project by 31 March.
There are some stunning creations by the Funky Hand team - so pop over to the challenge blog to have a look and for more details on how to enter.
Now, I'm going to offer some blog candy to the person who manages to guess the most of what the layers are made of! There are 5 layers in total and all have been made from something different! And I can tell you that they are not ribbon spools but each item is recycled in that it used to be something else! Please leave a comment on this post by 31 March to be in with a chance of winning! I'll reveal all on 2 April plus who guessed the most layers. Good luck!


10 comments:

  1. What a creation, a masterpiece. One of the layers must be a toilet roll! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab idea Ruth, the papers look super
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much what a brilliant idea, am I allowed to make one to or do you own the patnent? Fabulous, you never fail to impress me with your amazing brain full of cardy wonder :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning creation, its super! Quite a masterpiece!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fabulous ruth but what else would we expect from our ribbon queen..big hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! that is fantastic, i love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think at least one layer was a hat box and another maybe a clear acetate/plastic box,like one you get body lotions,candles and stuff in.
    Great work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool - you were right, it does look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! This is just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! There is no other word for this... you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!