Saturday 19 June 2010

Elvis Rocks

It's been a while since I've entered a Dotties World challenge and I very nearly didn't enter this one either. That is until my cousin reminded me that she still needed a 40th Birthday Card for an Elvis fan.......

The Dotties World challenge this week is:

Fathers Day / Male Card

Because time was not on my side, I used the pre coloured Las Vegas George, cut him out leaving a thin white border. I've added 3d gold paint dots to his costume and also around the edge of the card.

The card shape is one of my own templates which is pretty easy to use and cut out. I've added paper from The Big One - Clare Curd Signature collection as all the colours matched and for once I didn't have to go hunting for a certain paper that I think I've seen somewhere in my stash...


The numbers have been cut from gold card using my Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet set, and again, I've dotted the gold 3d paint around the edges.

A fairly quick card to make, which was fortunate! If I don't write it down, I forget!!

  • Backing paper: The Big One - Clare Curd Signature Range
  • Image: Pre coloured Las Vegas George from Charmed Cards and Crafts
  • Dies: Sizzix Round-a-Bout Alphabet
  • Everything else: My stash

4 comments:

  1. Great card and perfect for an Elvis fan.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun card, I work with an Elvis fan who got married last year in vegas, definitely have to treat myself to this digi!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutt stunning. Love the shape and this Elvis is georgeous.
    Thanks for playing along with us at DW.
    *Gunn*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!