Tuesday 9 November 2010

A White Winter Wonderland

I'm really beginning to ramp up with the Christmas cards now - the box is looking healthier (or it would be if I stopped selling them!) and I could not let the ABC Christmas challenge pass me by! The challenge this fortnight is:

Winter Wonderland

This is another image that I'd already coloured a few weeks ago and I've used Aqua Markers as they give a lovely rich colour with a watercolour feel to it. Of course, I've added some glitter glue!

I've layered the Penny Black image onto some very shiny silver card that I found in my box of bits and have layered the sentiment (not got a clue where from) onto it too.

I've used two different Cuttlebug embossing dies for the background, and again used off cuts of card for it. A bit of inking and the addition of the sparkly trimmed white ribbon and the card is complete!

  • Image: Penny Black, coloured with Aqua Markers and glitter glue
  • Sentiment: Some random die cut I found in my stash
  • Embossing folders: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Snowflakes
  • Everything else: My stash

5 comments:

  1. Lovely colouring Ruth, ...I haven't any Aquamarkers ,yet...(lol)...maybe need to give them a try !
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, love all the embossing and the way you have coloured the edges, thanks for joining us this week on the ABC Christmas challenge, Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful crisp card and I love the fun image! thank you for joining us on the ABC Christmas blog for the Winter Wonderland challenge.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh LOVE the different embossed pieces!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!