Friday 5 April 2013

Simply Create Too Challenge 34 Midway Extra - Animals

You would be forgiven for thinking that I've already blogged this card- we'll, I have, sort of - very similar but some differences - this is the green themed version - the original one is here!

It's the Midway Extra part for the current Simply Create Too challenge and the theme (there is a week left to get your entries in!) is

Animals

I've used the same Penny Black stamp from one of the clear packs and I've coloured it with Aquamarkers and used papers from Dovecraft Back to Basics 2.

I've added a faux stitch around the edges of the image and papers and made the bunting myself.  I cheated a little with the brads as they are Sharpie marker dots with a blob of liquid pearls over the top.

The sentiment is also from the stamp set and I've added ribbon and pearls from my stash.

Good luck with the challenge - we also have a Design Team Call running - pop over to the Challenge blog for more details!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Crafting By Design:  Animals
Papercraft Star:  Gardens / Seeds
Emerald Faeries Challenge:  Recipe - 1 image, 2 papers, 3 embellishments (ribbon, pearls and bunting)


Image:  Penny Black, coloured with Promarkers
Sentiment:  Penny Black
Papers:  Dovecraft Back to Basics 2
Everything else:  My stash

8 comments:

  1. awww suc a cutie and i love your cheats
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous!! I love that image and your faux stitching is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Ruth--it is just darling! Love this color scheme and your coloring! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute... Thanks for joining at A & T Emerald Faeries: Recipe. Hope to see you again next challenge
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Sharpie brads are genius! Great Idea! Cute card, thanks for sharing with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This color combo looks great! I love how you've used different patterns and faux stitched to break up the patterns. Beautiful work, thank you for joining us this week over at the Papercraft Star.

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!