Saturday 21 December 2013

Using Offcuts

I am a big fan of the Wordbooks that Anice at Funky Hand designs - I make quite a few of them during the year as they are easy to make and look fantastic!  However, when cutting out the 'pages' for the wordbooks, I'm always left with a top and bottom strip as I print on both sides of my card.

So, what to do with these strips as I don't like to throw anything away - just in case!

I've made this gift card wallet using leftover strips from the Blue Christmas wordbook download.  I made sure that the strip would be long enough to make the band to go round the wallet itself, added a dotted line with a blue gel pen around the edges and then embossed the front of the wallet with Swiss Dots and inked the edges.

On the inside, I added the little flap to contain the gift card from a matching scrap of card so that I can make two of the wallets from a sheet of A4 card.  I've always got scraps of card left over!

I've added some glittered snowflakes and also some ribbon I found in my stash and the gift card wallet is finished!  I've got lots more left over strips to use up so I'll be making more of these in the future!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Craftitude:  Anything Goes - Christmas Sparkle
Creative Corner:  Clean and Simple
Happy Campers:  Christmas
Shelly's Images:  Welcome Winter

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Love the design and it's just perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for joining our "December – Welcome Winter" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images Store
    SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Craftitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card love the snowflakes and sparkle -thanks for joining us at Happy Campers
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely worky :)I Like ıt :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!