Thursday 28 May 2015

Using Scraps

I really don't like to throw anything away and have various boxes to keep all my scraps in. However sometimes these boxes become rather unruly and I make it a priority to use something from them! For this card  I used offcuts of card stock for the base - its the long thin strip cut from a sheet of A4 from making a 13.5cm square card - and the embossed panel is a piece of scrap as well as the die cut words.

All the papers are from Funky Hand V Funky CD - Cottage Linens and I've used my trusty Spellbinders for the circles (long gone are the days when I used to use a compass and hand cut them!) plus some card candy.


The die cut words are Clearly Besotted dies and I've had to be creative with the 'day' as it was part of Birthday but I chopped it down!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Fan-Tastic Tuesday:  Add Some Texture
Party Time Tuesdays:  Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations:  Anything Goes with twist of Die Cuts
Incy Wincy Designs:  Lot's of Layers
The Pink Elephant:  Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Great way to use scraps! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week!
    -Mari K.
    Incy Wincy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tip Top - I love your card. Great "blokey" colours and love your initiative to get the word "day" ... I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said!!!!!!! Thanks for playing along at Incy Wincy Designs this week.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!